Monday, September 11, 2023 | 11:01 PM
There are two WPIAL boys soccer teams in Class 2A that have yet to lose this season, and they’ll square off Tuesday for first place in their section.
South Park sits in first place in Section 2-2A with a 4-0 section record, 6-0 overall, a half-game ahead of East Allegheny.
The Wildcats haven’t lost this season, but they are 3-0-1 in the section, 4-0-1 overall following a tie last week against Elizabeth Forward.
The Eagles blanked the Wildcats twice a year ago, 1-0 and 2-0.
Fights for 1st
Some other key matches set for Tuesday in district boys soccer include:
• In Section 1-6A, unbeaten North Allegheny (4-0, 7-0) visits Fox Chapel (3-1, 4-1).
• Montour (4-0, 4-0) hosts South Fayette (3-0-2, 4-0-2) for first place in Section 2-3A.
• In Section 1-A, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart (4-0, 4-1-1) is at Sewickley Academy (2-0-1, 4-0-1) with first place at stake.
• Seton LaSalle (3-0-1) travels to Serra Catholic (4-1) where the Rebel and Eagles are both 2-0 atop Section 4-A.
The two girls volleyball teams that played for district gold in Class 4A last fall collide in a section opener Tuesday.
Defending champion Pine-Richland opens up Section 1-4A action Tuesday with a trip to traditional power North Allegheny.
The Rams stunned the Tigers in the 4A finals last year in five games, 25-21, 20-25, 25-22, 15-25, 15-11, ending NA’s two-year run as champion.
The six other 4A section openers are:
• Seneca Valley at Butler in Section 1
• Baldwin at Upper St. Clair, Bethel Park at Peters Township and Mt. Lebanon hosting Canon-McMillan in Section 2
• Penn-Trafford at Hempfield and Fox Chapel hosting Shaler in Section 3