Join Husch Blackwell Higher Education and Consumer Finance attorneys for an overview of the consumer finance regulations applicable to institutions of higher education and other entities that offer or service student loans.
- Institutional payment plans
- Plan and loan servicing
- Employer-required training and tuition forgiveness
- Debt collection
- Implications under the Truth in Lending Act and state consumer finance laws
- Tuition discounts
- Preferred lending requirements
- Borrower defense to repayment (BDR) and misrepresentation rules
Anne Cartwright, Partner
Leslie Sowers, Partner
Abby Felter, Attorney
Who Should Attend
Institutions of higher education; student lenders and servicers; and workplaces who offer employer-required training, or tuition loan or loan forgiveness programs to employees.
Continuing Education Credit
This program is pending approval for Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin continuing legal education credit, as well as HR Certification Institute and Society for Human Resources Management recertification credit.