Mother’s plea after daughter dies swallowing button battery


Harper-Lee Fanthorpe died in hospital in Stoke-on-Trent in May after swallowing a battery from a remote control.

An inquest found acid from the battery burned through her food pipe and into a major artery.

Her mother told BBC Breakfast she didn’t realise the dangers and wants to raise awareness to other parents.

As well as remote controls, button batteries are used in a huge range of products from watches to toys and kitchen scales.

Read more: Child’s button battery death sparks warning

Share post:



More like this